(Updated June 7, 2017)
McLean County Association for
Home & Community Education
(SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW ALL PROJECTS)
McLean Co HCE 99th Annual Meeting
& Fine Arts Show
Tuesday, July 11, 2017 ~ 9 p.m. - 1 p.m.
The Chateau ~ 1601 Jumer Drive, Bloomington
West side, Enter through west door
9 am - Registration begins, entries for fine arts show
9:30 am - Business meeting
Program & Lunch to follow meeting
PROGRAM: "Tanner on the River" by David Congdon
(Contemporary Lewis & Clark)
Hosted by Eastsiders, Money Creek, Lexington, Down Units
Tickets: $15 by June 27 from unit President or Alice- 309-365-4631
"Down by the Riverside WITH MCLEAN COUNTY HCE!"
CULTURAL ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS & SHOW DETAILS ARE below
§ Comfort Items List for the Soldiers Overseas
SOLDIER CARE BOXES INFORMATION
SOLDIERS NAMES/ADDRESSES NEEDED!
Due to soldiers having shorter tours of duty overseas, we need current addresses of soldiers serving. There were many comfort boxes returned as undeliverable. Please provide names/addresses to Annette Morman, 309-825-2063. Boxes of greeting cards are sent to the soldiers as well. Call Annette, 309 825-2063 with any questions about Soldier projects. We NEED soldiers names and addresses overseas!
PLEASE HELP US TO DEFRAY EXPENSES
OF SENDING SOLDIERS BOXES
Soldier Care Boxes cost $13.95 a box to send. HCE appreciates any donations toward postage expenses. Send donations to
McLean County HCE Treasurer, 1615 Commerce Parkway., Bloomington , IL 61704.
OPERATION SANTA (STOCKINGS) PROJECT
McLean County Association for Home and Communion Education supports the
Operation Santa (Stockings for the Soldiers) project. The HCE Community Service Group that meets monthly had made a total of
We collect items to go into the stockings, make stockings and help
pack the stockings and box them up. Items to be collected include:
Cards, letters of support, individual serving cold drink packets,
Hot chocolate, bags of beef jerky, instant soup, granola bars,
Chewing gum, breath mints, lip balm, white or black athlete socks
That are NOT dress socks, wipes, individual Kleenex tissue,
Hand sanitizers, tooth brush, tooth paste, dental floss.
COMFORT Items for OVERSEAS Soldiers
Updated 8-31-15 Reading- Writing- Games- Activities
Games and Books Paperback books
Current Newspapers Magazines (not too racy)
Board Games Checkers (travel size) Yo Yo's
Board Games-Chest (travel size) Playing cards
Squirt guns Crossword or word search books
Frisbees (must be the dog frisbees) Dice
Ping Pong balls Puzzles
Pens/pencils Small pocket size notebooks
A lot of reading material Small photo albums
Movies, CD’s, DVD’s
Drinks and Food (NO PORK PRODUCTS) Etc.
Instant Coffee Coffee
Powdered Drinks mixes (Individual Sweetener, packets
Crystal Light, Sweeten Kool-Aid) Tea mixes Hot chocolate
Freezer Kool-aid sticks to freeze Gatorade individual packets
Ravioli’s Oatmeal packets
Raisins Beef Jerky
Gold Fish crackers Pudding and fruit cups
Tuna Party Mexican mix
Dried Fruit Mix Party Mix with nuts and raisins
Cheese & crackers Pop tarts
Cereal- individual packets Hostess snacks
Little Debbie snacks (travel size best) Peanut Butter
Jelly in plastic bottles Peanuts-small bags, cans, snack bags
Breakfast, granola, protein bars Canned fruit in flip top can
Pringles Individual cans Gum & Hard Candy
Sunflower seeds Pop corn
Small can opener Plastic silverware
Microwave Items (any dry meals that can be put in microwave- Ramen noodles, soups)
Clothing & Fabric items
Long boot length Black socks, Shoe liners (Dr. Shoal) Kneepads
Short sport type Black
Fitted sheets (twin size)
Sweatbands Cushion Shoe insoles
Lip Balm with
Baby wipes* Mouthwash
Disposable razors Nail clippers Shampoo Q-tips
Tylenol (individual packets Bar Soap Plastic soap containers
Feminine Hygiene products for Women Dental Floss
Throat Lozenges Hair brushes Tissues (Puffs)
Waterless Hand Sanitizer Toilet paper Wash cloths
Cold water wash for laundry (Woolite) Men’s deodorant (must be stick)
Batteries (AA, AAA, C) Scotch Tape Baggies with zip lock
Bug repellant wipes Flash lights Duct Tape
Fans that are battery
Small mesh bags
3M plastic wall hooks (used to hang towels)
Telephone Cards for International calls NO AEROSOL CANS
Sponsored by the McLean County Association for Home and Community Education (HCE), GFWC Illinois McLean County Woman's Club and Carl Martin Unit Auxiliary Post 635.
To donate items or other questions call:
Annette Morman, 309-825-2063
Money donations accepted to cover the high Postage expenses.
Call if you’d like to help pack boxes.
LIKE our facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/McLean-County-Association-for-Home-and-Community-Education.
OCTOBER IS HCE MONTH
BUT Every Month is HCE Month so:
VISIT A UNIT MEETING OR EVENT SOON
FOR GREAT PROGRAMS, FUN AND FELLOWSHIP
CULTURAL ENRICHMENT PROJECTS
§ Fine Art & Craft SHOW Results 2016-2017 coming soon!
· Cultural Enrichment Workshop details are
Found on Workshops page
FINE ART AND CRAFT SHOW 2016-2017
The Cultural Enrichment Fine Art and Craft Show at the County level is OPEN to ALL people of McLean County. All 2017-18 entries will be judged and displayed at the 99th Annual Meeting of the McLean County Association for Home and Community Education on Tuesday, July 11, 2017. The Rules and Categories are mentioned below and as of May, 2016 and may be updated to reflect changes made by the state IAHCE organization.
FINE ART & CRAFT SHOW RULES
(Rules subject to change)
· Item(s) entered in previous HCE Fine Art and Craft shows are not eligible.
· All items must be the sole handwork of the exhibitor and finished within the past two years.
· Items made from kits will be accepted.
· A person may enter more than one entry in each category and more than one category (unless stated otherwise).
· No CASH PRIZES.
· OPEN TO ALL PEOPLE in MCLEAN COUNTY and ALL McLean County HCE members.
· Only HCE members are eligible to go on to the State IAHCE contest in March, 2016
· For McLean County Craft show, there are no size requirements.
· Only projects that meet the state size requirements can be considered to go to the 2016 Annual Conference in East Peoria
· Only exception to the size measurements for state competition is for quilts which can be as large as you desire since they will be displayed over chairs.
2017-2018 FINE ART & CRAFT SHOW CATEGORIES
(Subject to change)
1. Quilts – Bed size
a. Machine quilted b. Hand quilted c. Baby quilts
2. Wall hanging/Table Runners Maximum folded size 24 inches
3. Embroidery Hand and Machine
4. Heritage Needlework Maximum size 24 inches square
Silk RibbonTatting - Bobbin Lace - Hairpin Lace - ETC
5. Counted Cross Stitch - Maximum 24 inches square size
6. Crocheting Maximum folded to 24 inches square
a. Afghans b. Other crocheted items
7. Knitting Maximum folded to 24 inches square
a. Afghans b. Other knitted items
8. Wearable Art – any technique applied to purchased or self
made garments folded to 24 inches square
9. Crafts and Things – Maximum size 24 inches square
10. Art Work – Charcoal, Pencil, Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor (Limit of 3 per person)
Chose only one for Best of Show Maximum matted 24 inches square
11. Woodcraft and Nature craft (wheat weaving, baskets, wreaths, cornhusk, etc)
N. any thing made from nature things
W. Woodcraft- any thing made from wood
WW. Wheat weaving,
12. Photography – any picture matted and framed (limit of 3 per person)
Maximum 24 inches square size
13. Jewelry HANDMADE – necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc.
14. Scrap booking – 2-4 finished pages, displayed in plastic pages,
using the theme of your choice. (2 pages front and back = 4 finished pages)
15. Recycled “think green” will be judged for originality and usage.
Maximum 24 inches square
16. Rug Making (crochet, rag, hooked, etc. Maximum size 24 inches square
17. Theme of the Year, (Down by the Riverside)
NOTE: If we have 3 or more Fine Art or Craft Items that are not listed above, A SPECIAL CATEGORY will be made to include it in the next Cultural Enrichment Fine Arts and Craft Show.
2017 ANNUAL CONFERENCE is to be held in East Peoria, MARCH 14-16, 2017!
NEXT CULTURAL ENRICHMENT AND FINE ARTS SHOW WILL BE HELD
At the 2017 99th Annual Meeting on July 11, 2017.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION about CONTEST:
Lynda Kobs - 309-821-1266
JOIN HCE TODAY
GIVE THE WONDERFUL GIFT OF HCE MEMBERSHIP
TO A FRIEND,
A GIFT THAT KEEPS GIVING & GIVING
JOIN Home & Community Education TODAY